Pediatric Dentistry: Protect Your Child's Oral Health
At Dowell Dental Group, in Carrollton, OH, we provide pediatric dentistry to help children achieve and maintain good oral health. Our child-friendly atmosphere and experienced staff can educate your child about proper oral hygiene practices to encourage a lifetime of healthy teeth. During routine checkups, Drs. Stephen C. Dowell and Byron Rossi perform a variety of preventive and restorative procedures including professional cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and tooth-colored fillings. In addition, we can detect any signs of tooth decay or gum disease to prevent future complications. By emphasizing the importance of oral health at an early age, we can help protect the beauty and longevity of your child's smile.
What is Pediatric Dentistry?
At our practice, we value the long-term oral health of our patients, which is why we offer pediatric dentistry. Our dentists can treat children from the moment their first tooth appears through their teenage years and beyond. We can manage your child’s dental needs through every stage of care, helping your child to achieve a lifetime of good oral health.
By emphasizing the importance of oral health at an early age, we can help protect the beauty and longevity of your child's smile.
This specialized area of dentistry emphasizes preventive care. With regular examinations and cleanings, we can your child remain cavity-free and minimize the risk of serious dental complications as an adult. We can also detect potential orthodontic concerns as they arise, so you can properly prepare for treatment.
Why Choose Dowell Dental Group?
During checkups, we perform a meticulous inspection, looking for signs of cavities, crowding, and other alignment issues. Our office is equipped with the latest dental technology to provide the best care for our patients. Our DIAGNOdent™ system uses dental lasers to detect even the slightest signs of tooth decay, so we can treat issues early.
We also use air abrasion instead of drills for a number of our dental procedures. This instrument is quiet and does not touch the tooth, so there is no uncomfortable vibration or heat. In addition, this treatment enables us to preserve more of the natural tooth structure. With this technology, we can make dental experiences more comfortable and pleasant for our patients.
Pediatric Services to Keep Your Child Healthy
At Dowell Dental Group, we offer a variety of preventive and restorative treatments to help our pediatric patients maintain optimal oral health:
- Dental cleanings: We recommend scheduling routine checkups every six months. During this appointment, we can thoroughly clean your child's teeth. By removing buildup of plaque or tartar, we can help protect your child against cavities and gum disease.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride treatments typically accompany dental cleanings and aid in cavity prevention.
- Dental exams: During a biannual exam, our team can look for early signs of tooth decay or gum disease to help your child avoid future dental complications. In addition, we can take x-rays to monitor tooth and bone growth.
- Sealants: We can apply a clear, plastic coating, known as a sealant, to your child’s back molars. This treatment can help to prevent cavities in those hard to reach and highly susceptible teeth.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Once permanent teeth start to come in, aesthetics become more and more important. Tooth-colored fillings can repair cavities and preserve more of the natural tooth structure without compromising the appearance of your child's smile.
- Extractions: In some cases, baby teeth fail to fall out naturally, which can cause crowding and inhibit the eruption of adult teeth. We can perform gentle extractions to alleviate this concern.
When you trust your child's dental needs to our experienced dentists, you can feel confident that they will receive the highest quality care. Our team provides personalized treatment plans to address the unique needs of each of our patients.
Contact Us Today
We hope you never experience a dental emergency, but if you do, we’re here for you. Dr. Dowell is available around the clock to help in the event of an emergency. Please call our main line for more information.Dowell Dental Group